These are our current guidelines and require all visitors to be compliant to ensure the safety of all pool users.
- Booking: You should always book and pay online in advance for your swim. You will also need to bring proof of the booking to the pool. Your booking is for an hour, this includes the time taken to enter the pool area, change, swim and change back after your swim. A whistle will be blown 10 minutes before the end of each session to ensure that there is no overlap of people leaving and entering the pool. Cancellations can be made up to 12 hours in advance, otherwise you will be charged for your swim.
- Lane Bookings: You will need to book a slot in a lane (fast, medium or slow), appropriate to your swimming ability/speed. There will be a maximum of 8 people in each lane, to allow for social distancing in the pool.
- Lane swimmers – Be mindful about your speed and no overtaking. Please do not overtake whilst swimming. Before pushing off at each turn, check to see if anyone faster is approaching and let them swim ahead of you. Please follow the directional signs and move across to the appropriate side of the lane for each length.
- Open session. Maximum 30 people per session – Main Pool. All swimmers under 9 and non-swimmers must be supervised in the pool by a responsible adult of 16 years or older. One adult can accompany two children under 9 years, however only one of those can be under 5 years old.
- Toddler pool hire. Maximum 6 people. No more than 2 children to 1 adult.
- Do not go swimming if you show any Covid-symptoms. This includes a temperature, new and persistent cough, loss of taste and/or smell.
- Arrive ‘pool ready’. Arrive with your swimsuit under your clothes ready to swim. Once you have finished your swim, leave the pool as soon as you can. The internal changing areas are currently closed, however they will reopen for after session changing ONLY from 21st June (Showers remain closed). Please ensure that you use the hand sanitiser, as you enter and leave the building.
- Shower at home. Pre and post-swim showers should be conducted at home. Showers will not available at the pool during the current COVID-19 restrictions.
- Bring your own equipment. Take any equipment/aids with you (floats, kick boards etc.) ensuring it is clean and identifiable as yours before you arrive.
- Respect other pool users. People of different standards and abilities will use the pool. Please respect their right to enjoy their swim. Do not make physical contact with other participants. Be kind to fellow swimmers and lifeguarding staff. Remember this is a difficult time for everyone.
- Social distance in the water. Always attempt to maintain appropriate social distance between yourself and other swimmers.
Let’s get you in and get you swimming….
Observe social distancing at all times.
Queue 2 metres from the main front door, up the brick pathway and along the footpath towards the carpark.
Staff will check your booking from outside the main door. Please remember to bring your booking confirmation. Proceed straight through reception to the pool area. There are two covered areas for you to leave personal belongings. Fast lane swimmers use the covered area at the deep end. Medium, slow and 14-17yrs use the covered area at the shallow end. Half pool hire: right side of the pool use the covered area at the deep end, left side of the pool use the covered area at the shallow end. Toddler pool hire, use the covered area at the shallow end. The internal changing areas are closed. Toilets are open but limited to one cubicle.
Fast lane swimmers: You will be swimming in the middle lane. Enter the pool at the deep end, either directly from the side of the pool or via the steps on the right hand side, as you view from entering and under the lane rope. Be aware of swimmers in the far right lane. Exit pool, same as entry.
Medium lane swimmers: You will be swimming in the left lane as you view from entering. Enter from the steps on the left hand side at the shallow end of the pool. Exit pool, same as entry.
Slow lane swimmers: You will be swimming in the right lane as you view from entering. Enter from the steps on the right hand side at the shallow end of the pool. Exit pool, same as entry.
14-17 yrs swimmers: You will be swimming in the right lane as you view from entering. Enter from the steps on the right hand side at the shallow end of the pool. Exit pool, same as entry.
Open Session: There is a maximum of 30 people in the pool at any time. Enter the pool via the steps located at either the shallow or deep end and please observe social distancing rules when in the pool. This session is open to all. No wrist bands required. Main pool only. All swimmers under 9 and non-swimmers must be supervised in the pool by a responsible adult of 16 years or older. One adult can accompany two children under 9 years, however only one of those can be under 5 years old.
Toddler pool hire: From entering the pool area walk directly left to the toddler pool. Once you have your wristbands on you may use the toddler pool. Strictly no use of the main pool.
ALL VISITORS MUST LEAVE THE BUILDING THROUGH THE EMERGENCY DOORS SITUATED BY THE TODDLER POOL.
To see our timetable schedule and book a session click HERE!